- 2 Tbsp baking cocoa
- ¼ C boiling water
- ¼ C butter, softened
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 C all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp seedless raspberry jam
- 2 Tbsp chopped sliced almonds
- 1 tsp coarse sugar (optional)
2. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups half full. Drop ¼ teaspoon of jam into the center of each; cover with 2 teaspoons batter. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar.
3. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the chocolate portion comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Yield 16 muffins
Robyn's notes: these are great. Prep takes some time, about 40 minutes, but with the short baking time they're ready in less than an hour.
Nutritional Information: Calories 76; Fat 4g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 21mg; Sodium 4mg; Carbohydrate 10g; Fiber trace; Protein 1g
Dietary Exchange: 1 Starch