- 2 C rolled oats (quick cooking ok)
- 1 C sliced almonds
- 1 (14-oz) pkg. Pillsbury Banana Quick Bread and Muffin Mix
- 1 C raisins
- ½ C toasted wheat germ
- 1 C chunky peanut butter
- ½ C oil
- ½ C water
- ¼ C honey
- 2 eggs
1. Heat oven to 350. Spread oats and almonds in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until oats and almonds are toasted, stirring occasionally.
2. In large bowl, combine toasted oats and almonds, quick bread mix and raisins; mix well. Add all remaining ingredients; mix well.
3. Spray same baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread batter evenly in sprayed pan.
4. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely.
Approximately 24 bars
Robyn's notes: I make these as lunch bars/granola-type bars for him so that we feel confident about the ingredients in them, instead of the assortment of things in store-bought bars. I don't make this particular one all that often, because I can't always find the Quick Bread and Muffin Mix.
Nutritional Information: Calories 270; Calories from Fat 130; Total Fat 14g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 15g; Protein 7g
Dietary Exchange: 1 Starch, 1 Fruit, ½ High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat OR 2 Carbohydrate, ½ High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat