- 1 medium sized eggplant, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large can tomato puree/chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp chili flakes (optional)
- good dash of sea salt (Maldon)
- Pasta shells enough for 2
1. Cook pasta as directed on package. When done, strain and dish out into separate bowls/plates.
2. Saute garlic, onion, and eggplant in olive oil until eggplant is tender. Sprinkle with sea salt. Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, chili flakes, and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
3. Cook on low heat until the eggplant turns to "mush" and sauce is thick. Should take approximately 20 minutes or more. Spoon on top of cooked pasta.
4. Sprinkle with oregano and parmesan if desired. Serve hot.
Robyn's notes: simple and quick.