- 1 1/2 C Rigatoni or 3/4 C elbow macaroni
- 1 C diced cooked ham
- 3oz (3/4 C) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/4 C milk
- 1/3 C crushed potato chips
2. In large bowl, combine cooked pasta, ham, and 1/2 Cup cheese.
3. In medium saucepan, melt butter. Blend in flour, salt, and mustard. Add milk all at once. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Combine sauce with pasta mixture. Turn into individual 2-cup casserole dishes. Toss remaining 1/4 Cup cheddar cheese with potato chips; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Robyn's notes: We've been making this recipe in my family since 1981. It's one of those very typical late-70s/early-80s casseroles, but we love it all the same. My family always uses more cheese than is called for in practically any recipe, so feel free to go a little overboard on cheese.
***** 5 Stars: Excellent. A favourite for both of us, I will make this repeatedly