- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Old English cheese spread (see note, below)
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped green chiles from a 4oz can
- 1/4 C butter, melted
- 1/2 C crushed cheese crackers (Cheez-Its)
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
2. Beat together softened butter and cheese spread until well blended. Mix in onion, salt, and chiles. Divide mixture evenly between the two flattened chicken pieces, spreading along center. Roll up each chicken piece, tucking in ends to completely enclose filling. Secure with toothpicks if needed.
3. Dip each roll in melted butter to cover, then coat with mixture of crushed cheese crackers and taco seasoning mix. Arrange rolls in small oven-safe casserole or gratin dish. Cover with parchment or wax paper and microwave for 4-5 minutes on 70% power, or until juices are clear and chicken is cooked through.
Robyn's notes: served alongside steam-in-bag microwave rice and on a bed of lettuce with diced tomato. The video shows what the cheese spread packaging looks like, it can usually be found in the cracker section of the grocery. There will almost certainly be leftover filling, which is great when stirred into scrambled eggs in the pan. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on youtube!
**** 4 Stars: Very Good. Enjoyed by us both, I will make this frequently.