- 1 C quick-cooking rolled oats
- ½ C honey
- 1/3 C coconut (see notes, below)
- 1/3 C white vanilla chips
- 1/3 C pecan pieces
- 1 pkg. Pillsbury Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread Mix
- ½ C butter, melted
- 1 ½ Tbsp water
- 2 egg yolks
2. Set cinnamon swirl package from bread mix aside. In large bowl, combine bread mix and oat mixture. Stir in butter, water, and egg yolks; mix well. Spread half of batter in greased baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon swirl from package. Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over cinnamon swirl; carefully spread.
3. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool 2 hours or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.
Robyn's notes: I adapted this recipe from another, but I no longer remember the changes I made to it. He likes it, I've made it as lunch bars/granola-type bars a number of times. I generally use sweetened flaked coconut because it's what I tend to have in the house.