This should look very familiar, as it's a variation on a recipe I posted not long ago. I have this jar of marinara sauce needing to be used up, and the bulk couscous I have in the cupboard is tomato, so I thought "why not?!".
- 1/2 C water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp butter (if desired)
- 1/2 C uncooked couscous
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 heaping Tbsp marinara sauce
2. Combine cheeses, stir mixture into couscous. When incorporated, stir in marinara sauce.
Robyn's notes: I really quite enjoyed this, the tomato sauce gave it a little extra oomph that I liked. I tested the recipe alone, not as the side to a meal, so I can't say what it would work best alongside.
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often