For cold and flu season, for a cold winter day, or just because, this makes a great soup and the noodles cook right in the broth at the end!
- 6 oz boneless skinless chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp diced onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 oz spaghetti noodles, broken into thirds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
2. Stir in broth, garlic, onion, carrot, celery, and seasonings. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
3. Remove chicken and shred, using two forks. Remove and discard bay leaf.
4. Stir pasta and chicken into slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
5. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
Robyn's notes: the seasoning was just a tad strong, so don't overdo it. I might add a pinch of cayenne next time. This was very simple and straightforward. Can use all chicken breast, all thigh, or a combination. Thigh holds up better in the slow cooker, but I'm partial to breast, so I used both. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on youtube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often