- 2 large, very ripe tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 C bread cubes cut from a whole-grain loaf
- 1 C drained and sliced roasted red peppers (from a jar)
- 2 Tbsp sliced fresh basil
2. In a serving bowl, toss together bread cubes, sliced red peppers and drained chopped tomatoes. Stir olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic into the drained tomato juice. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour tomato juice dressing over the salad. Toss once again and garnish with sliced basil.
Robyn's notes: he liked this, even though the dressing didn't seem to go very far. This was intended as a side but I served it as a whole meal and he said it was very filling.
Post a Comment