- 1 (16.6-oz) pkg. date bread and muffin mix (One 14oz pkg banana bread and muffin mix can be substituted)
- ¾ C milk
- ¼ C oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 C shredded peeled zucchini
- ½ C miniature chocolate chips
2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except zucchini and chocolate chips; beat 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips. Batter will be stiff. Divide batter evenly into paper-lined muffin cups. Muffin cups will be nearly full.
3. Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm or cool.
Robyn's notes: He likes these and I took a batch to work and everyone there enjoyed them as well. Including cooking time it takes less than an hour.
Nutritional Information: Calories 280; Calories from Fat 110; Total Fat 12g; Saturated Fat 4g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 39g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 23g; Protein 4g
Dietary Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 ½ Fruit, 2 ½ Fat OR 2 ½ Carbohydrate, 3 ½ Fat
Post a Comment