- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut up
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 whole grain burger buns, split
- 2 slices tomato
1. In medium bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, chili powder and garlic salt; mix well. Shape mixture into two 4-inch patties.
2. Place patties in medium skillet and cook until no longer pink in the center, turning once.
3. Meanwhile, in blender container, combine mayonnaise, avocado, lemon juice and garlic powder. Cover; blend until smooth.
4. Spread bottom halves of buns with mayonnaise mixture. Top with turkey patties and tomato slices. Cover with top halves of buns.
Robyn's notes: the recipe instructed for these to be grilled, but the grill isn't ready yet, and I didn't want to broil them for fear of making them too dry (if broiling is preferred, these are the instructions: To broil turkey patties, place on broiler pan; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat using times above as a guide, turning once.). I used safflower mayonnaise and the heels from a loaf of whole wheat bread (why buy a whole package of buns?).