Taking advantage of a few of our made-ahead items makes this go quickly!
- 1 portion Pizza Dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 portion Shredded Chicken Base, thawed
- 3/4 C barbecue sauce
- 1/3 C chopped red onion
- 1/3 C chopped green pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped sweet pickles or banana peppers (optional)
- 1 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp water
2. For filling, in a medium bowl combine Shredded Chicken Base, barbecue sauce, red onion, green pepper, and pickles if desired. Spread filling on dough to within 1 inch of the edges. Sprinkle with cheese. In a small bowl combine egg and water; brush some of the egg mixture on edges of dough. Roll up the rectangle; pinch dough to seal seams and ends.
3. Place loaf, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet. Brush with more egg mixture. Cover loosely with cling film. Let rise in refrigerator overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Remove cling film from loaf. Using a sharp knife, cut a few slits in the top of the loaf for steam to escape. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly. Cut into slices to serve.
Robyn's notes: I ought to have put more effort into pressing/rolling the dough into the right size rectangle, this was really bulging to burst. But it was still tasty, and because of the overnight rest it just went straight into the oven to be served for dinner. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on YouTube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often