- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 C plain bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 C prepared warm mashed potatoes
- 1/2 C shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
2. Stir vegetables into mashed potatoes, set aside.
3. Remove beef crusts from oven; pour off any drippings. Spoon potato mixture evenly into partially baked crusts. Return to oven; bake an additional 5 - 8 minutes, or until beef crusts are thoroughly cooked and potatoes and vegetables are thoroughly heated.
4. If desired, sprinkle tops with cheese just before the last 5 minutes of baking.
Robyn's notes: if mini pie pans are not available, two ramekins/cocottes or custard cups, as long as they are oven-safe. The mashed potatoes can be warm or hot, just not cold. They can be leftovers, or freshly made for the occasion, and instant will work. If using a custard cup or any other container that size, your crust will be thinner and therefore cook faster. Watch me demonstrate this video on youtube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often