Once you've prepared by making the chicken base and cheese sauce, assembling these tasty enchiladas takes no time at all!
- 1/2 of a 15oz can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 portion Shredded Chicken Base
- 1 portion Cheese Sauce
- 1 C shredded 4 cheese Mexican blend
- 1/2 of a 4oz can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 4 flour tortillas, 8inch
2. To assemble enchiladas, place about 1/2 C of filling on each tortilla. Roll tortillas and place, seam side down, in baking dish. Top enchiladas with the remaining cheese sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through. If needed, cover loosely with foil the last 10 minutes, to prevent overbrowning. If desired, serve with chopped tomato, fresh cilantro, and/or sour cream.
Robyn's notes: to make these ahead, follow instructions through step 2. Then cover baking dish with foil or cling film, and place entire dish into a resealable freezer bag. Seal and freeze up to 3 months. To serve, thaw in the fridge overnight. Preheat oven, remove bag, cling film/foil, and follow instructions in step 3. These were pretty good, though I'm not giving them 4 stars because I can't eat beans or chiles, so I had to do a lot of picking things out. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on youtube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often