This recipe takes advantage of some pre-prepared items, and so can be thrown together very quickly.
- 1 Angel Food cupcake (from 4-count package*)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar 'n Spice Fruit Dip
- approximately 15 raspberries
- 2 tsp powdered sugar OR whipped cream (optional)
2. Spread 1 Tbsp of dip on cut side of each half. Arrange raspberries on top of dip. If desired, dust with powdered sugar or top with spoonful of whipped cream.
Robyn's notes: *Angel Food cupcakes are available in the bakery section of my grocery store. Each cupcake is approximately 4 inches in diameter.
This is a nice way to have a sweet dessert without going overboard if you're counting calories. I can't do an exact nutritional analysis, because there were no nutrition facts on the angel food cake packaging, but each half of this should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 calories.
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often