- 1/2 C whole wheat couscous
- 1-1/2 C vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried onions
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 1 (7oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1. Bring vegetable broth, olive oil and spices to a boil.
2. Add couscous and chickpeas, cover and remove from heat.
3. Let stand for 7-8 minutes.
Robyn's notes: easy, fast, and he liked it a lot. Lots of flavor. If garam masala is available, use it in place of the allspice.