- 1/4 C chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 C cold cooked long grain rice
- 3/4 C cubed cooked chicken
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced
1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the rice, chicken and soy sauce. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add egg and onion; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until egg is set.
Robyn's notes: very easy and quick, he liked it a lot. I made this a second time November 4, 2012. I had to turn the heat up to get the egg to set properly, and my chicken got a bit dry, but it was still good. The rice was especially tasty. Although we don't have leftovers to deal with very often, this is a good way to deal with leftover rice and chicken when needed.
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often