- 1/2 C uncooked quinoa
- 1 C water
- 1/2 C frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (7oz) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 lettuce leaves
2. Meanwhile, in small nonmetal bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; blend well. Refrigerate.
3. Add beans, celery, tomato, cilantro and dressing to quinoa and corn; mix well. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
4. To serve, line individual plates or bowls with lettuce. Spoon salad onto lettuce. If desired, garnish with additional cilantro.
Robyn's notes: I left out step 4 entirely, as he doesn't eat lettuce. I also left out the lime peel because it's such a waste to buy a whole lime just for such a small amount of peel, since I always have lime juice on hand. He loved this, said it was one of the best salads he'd ever had. GF - doublecheck your black beans.
**** 4 Stars: Very Good. Enjoyed by us both, I will make this frequently
Post a Comment