- 1 C uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey, ground beef, or bulk Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 C spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 C shredded Italian cheese blend
- 8 slices pepperoni
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble meat into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
2. Transfer to a 1-qt baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with cheese and pepperoni. Cover and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Robyn's notes: recipe originally called for bulk Italian sausage instead of ground turkey. I used turkey the first time, and beef the second time I made it, and with the turkey when stirring in the mushrooms, I also stirred in cubed eggplant. This was really easy and he liked it. The second time making it (photo above) I dished into two small baking dishes instead of one larger one.
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often
Post a Comment