- 1/2 C uncooked lentils, sorted, rinsed
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 (14.5oz) can vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- dash pepper
- 1/2 C frozen peas
1. In large saucepan, combine all ingredients except peas; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 18 to 22 minutes or until lentils, barley and vegetables are tender.
2. Add peas; cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until peas are tender.
Robyn's notes: I couldn't find quick-cooking barley, so I used regular barley and just started cooking it 45 minutes before I started the rest of the meal. As always, I used refrigerated, not canned, broth.
Post a Comment