- 1 C peanut butter
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/2 C water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 C rolled oats
- 1 (15.6oz) pkg cranberry quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 (6oz) pkg dried fruit bits
- 1/2 C shelled sunflower seeds
1. Heat oven to 250°F. In medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, honey, water and butter; mix well. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
2. In large bowl, combine oats and quick bread mix; mix well. Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture; mix well. Crumble and spread mixture in bottom of ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Mixture will be quite moist and crumbly.
3. Bake at 250°F for 1.5 to 1.75 hours or until deep golden brown and almost dry and crisp, stirring and breaking up pieces every 30 minutes.
4. Add fruit bits and sunflower seeds to oat mixture in oven; mix well. Turn oven off; leave pan in warm oven for 30 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven. Stir mixture. Cool in pan 20 minutes or until completely cooled. (Mixture becomes crisp as it cools) Store in tightly covered container.
Yield 10 Cups
Robyn's notes: another snack mix for the road, this one mostly for him. Obviously this is a time-intensive recipe.
Post a Comment