Note: check yield, this is intended to be a snack eaten over multiple days.
- 3 C bite-size baked cheese crackers (Cheez-its)
- 2 C twisted butter-flavored pretzel sticks
- 1 C salted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix (from 1.25oz pkg)
1. In 2.5 quart microwave-safe bowl, combine crackers, pretzel sticks and peanuts. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix; toss to coat.
2. Microwave on High for 4 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking. Spread on waxed paper; cool 5 minutes before serving.
Yield 5-6 cups
Robyn's notes: easy, quick, some of the Cheez-its actually burned, but not many. We're going out of town for 4 days this weekend, and it's a road trip. Since I'm doing the driving (I like to drive, he generally doesn't), and I know that I'm one of those drivers who likes to snack, I'm bringing this for one of those snacks. I substituted Keebler Club Snack Sticks for pretzels because I can't eat pretzels.
I made this a second time in July 2012, with some substitutions. The box of Cheez-Its I had only had 2 Cups in it, so I used all of that, 1 Cup of salted peanuts, 1 Cup of Safeway Rice Pockets cereal (generic for Rice Chex), and since I'm not able to eat pretzels and couldn't find the Keebler Club Snack Sticks I used last time, I used 1 Cup of Keebler Club Minis Original flavour, each one broken in half. Worked out fine (and is the photo above).
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often