- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/2 C nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking pan with heavy foil. Remove the skin from the chicken.
2. In a small bowl, blend the yogurt, peanut butter and pepper until smooth. Dip the chicken in the mixture to coat evenly and arrange the pieces, rib side down, in a single layer on the prepared pan.
3. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the chicken is richly browned and the juices are clear when the breast is pierced with a fork. Serve hot or cold.
Robyn's notes: I only had boneless skinless chicken breasts in the house, so I substituted them. Very simple to make, served with rice and green peas. Made this again June 13, 2011. Used boneless, skinless chicken breasts again, and should have pounded them out a little bit.
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often