- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp pear, diced small
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 C white rice (not instant)
- 1 1/3 C chicken broth or water
2. Add rice and water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
3. Sprinkle with diced green onions just before serving, if desired.
Robyn's notes: this worked out well, but it wasn't a very strong flavour. Served with Curried-Pear Chicken.
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often
Post a Comment