- 6 oz vermicelli
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 C sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 C minced shallots or onions
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 C chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
2. While the pasta cooks, place the oil in a heavy, 10" nonstick skillet and warm it for 1 to 2 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and shallots or onions and cook the mixture, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until the mushrooms are piping hot throughout.
3. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and add the juice to the pan along with the parsley or cilantro, salt and pepper.
4. Drain the pasta and place it in a large bowl. Toss the pasta with the mushroom mixture. Serve immediately.
Robyn's notes: this was one of those recipes that I thought wasn't going to be filling enough for a whole meal, but he said it was perfect. It was very quick to make, and since I used a lemon from our tree it was satisfying, too!