- 1 large seedless grapefruit
- 1/2 small avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 turkey cutlets (8 ounces)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
2. To prepare turkey: Combine chili powder, five-spice powder and salt on a plate. Dredge turkey in the spice mixture.
3. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve the turkey with the avocado-grapefruit relish.
Robyn's notes: Served with Herbed Whole-Wheat Couscous and a side of salad greens. This was a slightly more complex meal than usual because it was his birthday, but it still wasn't too complicated and didn't take long, just about a half hour. Was quite good, and was nice to be able to use grapefruit from our own tree.
Post a Comment