- half package extra firm tofu
- 2 heaping Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- dash garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- whole wheat pita
- spinach leaves
- sliced tomato
1. Drain tofu if necessary; gently press between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
2. In medium bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Add tofu, bell pepper, onions and cilantro; stir with fork until well mixed and tofu is crumbly.
3. Stuff split pita pockets with spinach leaves, sliced tomato, and tofu mixture.
Robyn's notes: I used the remaining half of the package of tofu from last week. This went quickly and was quite easy, as well as being different from the tofu sandwich filling I served last week.