Since we've made several components ahead of time, this goes together in a blink!
- 1 1/2 C frozen mixed vegetables (beans, corn, carrots, and peas)
- 1 portion Shredded Chicken Base, thawed
- 1 portion Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp snipped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 recipe Pastry Dough
2. Divide Pastry Dough into two portions. Roll each into a 6-inch circle (or size needed to top your baking dish). Place pastry circles on filling. Turn edges under, crimp as desired. Using a sharp knife, cut a small cutout or a few slits in each pastry top to allow steam to escape.
3. Place pot pies on a baking sheet and bake at 425°F for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Robyn's notes: Nice and quick, and our pastry dough works quite well in this recipe. Remember to use an unsweetened pastry dough here. To make pot pies ahead, complete step 1, then cover with cling film and refrigerate until ready to bake. Remove cling film and follow remaining steps. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on youtube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often
Post a Comment