- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 C sliced celery
- 1/3 C chopped onion
- 1 3/4 C water
- 2 tsp reduced sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 C quick-cooking barley
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2. Stir in the water, bouillon, chili powder, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in barley. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until barley is tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
Robyn's notes: this time I was able to find the quick-cooking barley, which made this recipe go quickly.