- 1 C uncooked ziti or penne
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 C cubed eggplant
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized strips
- 1/2 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Italian plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 C) purchased garlic or roasted pepper hummus
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in 12inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add eggplant, bell pepper and onion; cover and cook 3 minutes, stirring once. Add water and salt; cook 4 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
3. Stir in tomatoes, hummus and remaining 1 Tbsp oil; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated. Add cooked ziti; toss gently to coat.
Robyn's notes: It has taken me a long time to get to updating this blog, so I don't remember exactly the response, just that it was acceptable.