- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 C sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 C sliced green pepper
- 1/2 C sliced onion
- 3/4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 slices provolone cheese (1oz each)
- 2 submarine or hoagie buns, split
1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, salt and pepper in oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the peppers, onion, vinegar and garlic until the vegetables are tender. Stir in hot sauce and chicken.
2. Place cheese on bun bottoms; top with chicken mixture. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace bun tops.
Robyn's notes: This was so easy and the chicken had a lot of flavour.