- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1 can (14.5 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 C reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- dash cayenne pepper
- dash pepper
1. In a blender, process avocado until smooth. While processing, gradually add broth; process until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
Makes 3 cups
Robyn's notes: this is very light and is best served alongside some bread or small sandwiches. It's just not very substantial on its own. It's difficult to get the avocado processed by itself, so I just give it a few bursts in the blender, then start adding the broth to really get it smooth. It's greener than it looks in this picture, but still quite a light green. I added a dollop of sour cream before serving.
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often
Nutritional Information: Calories 125; Fat 10g; Saturated Fat 3g; Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 371mg; Carbohydrate 6g; Fiber 2g; Protein 4g