- 1/4 C dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 4 1/2 tsp sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 C uncooked bowtie pasta
- 1/4 C chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/4 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 C crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 C slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. In a small saucepan, bring apricots and sherry or broth to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until apricots are tender. Cool.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Reduce heat to medium. Add the chicken, cream, and soy sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in the cheese, apricots, onion, salt, pepper and apricots. Drain pasta, toss with chicken mixture.
Nutritional Information: Calories 561; Fat 26g; Saturated Fat 10g; Cholesterol 139mg; Sodium 835mg; Carbohydrate 31g; Fiber 4g; Protein 47g