- 1/2 small sweet red pepper
- 1 pound zucchini
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 C finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (optional)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
1. Cut the red pepper into strips about 1/2" wide, stack the strips and cut them across the make 1/2" squares.
2. Trim the ends from the zucchini and cut into thin rounds.
3. Add the oil to a heavy 8" nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Stir in the peppers and onions; cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender but not brown. Stir in the garlic, zucchini, basil, salt and pepper.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the zucchini is just tender.
Robyn's notes: I used yellow sweet pepper, because it's what I had in the house. He thought it was really good and ate it very quickly.