- 8 C spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 1 green onion
- 2/3 C crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- pepper to taste
- 4oz fettucine
1. Pick over and stem the spinach, discarding any withered or yellow leaves. Wash the spinach well in several changes of water until no trace of sand or dirt is left behind. Drain the spinach in a colander and set aside.
2. Thinly slice the green onion, including the tender green part, and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add the feta, oil, lemon juice, dill and pepper.
3. Cook the fettucine according to the directions on the package but without salt. For the last 30 seconds of cooking, stir the spinach into the water with the fettucine and push it under the water to wilt it. Drain.
4. Add the fettucine and spinach to the bowl and toss with the cheese mixture. Serve the pasta hot or at room temperature.
Robyn's notes: I used whole wheat linguine instead of fettucine. Served with Black Bean Pesto and broccoli.