- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 1/4 tsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 1/4 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 oz uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 C chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh basil
1. In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes. Cook until tender; drain.
3. In a large bowl, combine the carrot, red pepper, onion and basil. Add linguine, broccoli and lime juice mixture; toss to coat.
Robyn's notes: if I make this again, I won't use the blender to combine the first ingredients. I could whisk them together just as easily (although it would definitely take longer) and wouldn't have to wash the damned blender afterwards. Plus, I lost a lot of the mixture because I wasn't able to get it out of the blender all that well. The ginger was strong, especially for my taste. He liked this and ate most of mine as well as his own.