- 1/4 C medium-grain bulgur
- 1/2 C water
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp mango chutney
- 2 Tbsp nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 C cubed cooked chicken
- 1 Tbsp currants or seedless raisins
- 1/2 C canned mandarin orange segments, drained
1. In a small saucepan, combine the bulgur, water, and salt; bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bulgur is tender and the water is absorbed. Fluff the bulgur with a fork and turn it into a mixing bowl to cool.
2. If there are large pieces of mango in the chutney, dice them; then place the chutney in a medium bowl with the yogurt and curry powder. Mix well with a table fork. Add the bulgur and toss everything until the bulgur grains are well-coated.
3. Cut the green onions, including the tender green parts, into fine slices. Add the green onions, chicken, currants or raisins and oranges to the bulgur mixture and toss again. If desired, cover the bowl and chill the salad for 30 minutes or overnight to blend the flavors.
Robyn's notes: He didn't get to eat much of this, because he ate too much at the work Halloween party, but he tasted it and really liked it.