- 1/3 C frozen baby lima beans
- 1 C water
- 1/2 C frozen corn
- 1 C chopped lettuce
- 1/4 C roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
1. In a small saucepan, bring lima beans and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn; simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain and cool.
2. In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, red peppers, onion and bean mixture. Refrigerate until chilled.
3. Just before serving, combine the lime juice, oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Robyn's notes: I substituted baby spinach for the lettuce, because lettuce has basically no nutritional value, just roughage, and therefore he doesn't really want to eat it.