1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a baking sheet.
2. Top each with barbecue sauce, bacon and cheese. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and chives.
Robyn's notes: for some reason, I'm not skilled at bacon in strips. So I used diced cooked bacon, and it worked fine. I didn't use chives, because it was just one more item to purchase that I wouldn't use in another recipe later. Photo from making this another day, when I didn't put tomatoes on it. I served this with Mashed Potatoes.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 tsp barbecue sauce
- 2 cooked bacon strips (see notes below)
- 1/4 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 C chopped tomato
- 1 tsp minced chives (if desired)
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often
Post a Comment