- 1/2 C cut fresh asparagus (1 inch pieces)
- 2 tsp cornstarch, divided
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 C chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted cashews
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 C hot cooked rice
1. Place the asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp cornstarch and egg white until smooth; add chicken and toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
3. Place the remaining cornstarch in a small bowl, stir in the broth, soy sauce and sugar until smooth. Gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in the cashews, onions and asparagus. Serve over rice.
Robyn's notes: I didn't have cashews in the house (and besides, I'm not able to have them), so I substituted peanuts. He loves cashews, so I'd prefer to use them, but it was totally fine with peanuts instead. This went very quickly and was easy.
Post a Comment