If you've kept a batch of our make-ahead pie/tart dough in the freezer, you can use it to throw together this quick pie, using frozen fruit!
- 1 C frozen sliced peaches, unsweetened
- 1/4 C frozen raspberries, unsweetened
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp tapioca starch (tapioca flour)
- 1 batch pie dough
2. On a lightly-floured surface, roll one portion of dough to fit inside of 7-inch pie pan. Gently place into pan, pressing into place carefully. Roll second portion of dough to the same thickness as the first. Use small cookie cutters to cut out sections of dough, set aside.
3. Transfer fruit mixture to dough-lined pie pan. Top with cut-out dough pieces. Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, or until dough is golden and fruit is cooked through inside. Allow to cool on a rack for several minutes before serving.
You can change up the fruit used in this pie to your preference, as long as it totals about 1-1 1/4 C.
Robyn's notes: by fluting the edges of the crust or using a lattice top instead of cut-outs, you can make this pie very pretty. My intent here was to show a fast, delicious pie, not one for presentation, but feel free to go wild with the look. Watch me demonstrate this recipe (and the dough!) on youtube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often