In my opinion, every birthday needs a sweet treat. Today's mine, so here's something to celebrate!
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter, melted, hot
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 C + 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/4 C chocolate chips
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. Set aside. Return to butter mixture and whisk again, about 1 minute. Allow to rest and then whisk one more time.
3. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Press half of mixture into bottom of each mini skillet. Smooth top. Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Allow to cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Top with ice cream and serve.
Robyn's notes: while I did enjoy this quite a bit, it will be more of a special occasion dish. Earlier this year we made a couple recipes that called for clarified butter. If any is left from that, go ahead and use it, otherwise just start this recipe by clarifying some butter. It only takes a short time. Watch me demonstrate this birthday recipe on youtube!
**** 4 Stars: Very Good. Enjoyed by us both, I will make this frequently