- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 lb lamb shoulder, diced
- 1/2 of a 14oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 2 C water
- 1/2 Tbsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
2. Pour in water, stir through, and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until lamb is cooked through.
3. About 10 minutes before the end of cooking, stir in mint. Add lemon juice just before serving.
Robyn's notes: Leftover chickpeas can be used to make hummus, or falafel. In my market tomato puree only comes in huge cans, so the leftover can be used to make pizza sauce or if preferred, tomato paste can be watered down to approximate tomato puree. I served this with some naan alongside. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on youtube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often