- 1 small pie pumpkin (about 2lbs)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C cooked brown rice
- 1/4 C coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
2. To hot rice, add pecans, apricots, raisins, salt, curry, cinnamon and cardamom if using. Stir to combine.
3. Sprinkle cumin on inside of pumpkin halves; top with rice mixture.
Robyn's notes: there's a lot here that I can't have, but it smelled fantastic and I did taste it to get a sense of the dish. It was good, and really quite easy to prepare, with a lot of hands-off time. I held the seeds aside to roast them, but was sick and forgot to do it, so they sprouted before I got a chance. Oops! Watch me demonstrate this recipe on youtube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often