- 7oz marinara sauce
- 8oz fresh ravioli, tortellini, or other stuffed pasta
- 3 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C grated Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain. Turn into the dish containing the marinara sauce.
3. Make the cheese sauce by melting the butter in a medium pan over low heat. Stir in the flour until it has all been absorbed. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly, and cook over medium heat, still stirring to thicken. Add the cheese and continue cooking until it has melted. Season to taste.
4. Spoon the cheese sauce over the pasta in its ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the top is golden and the sauce is bubbling. Serve from the dish.
Robyn's notes: this went very quickly and was well-received. He ate all the sauce that was left on my plate when I was done, even. I heated the marinara sauce in a bowl in the microwave to save time, but it can just as easily be done on the stove, and any tomato-based pasta sauce works. No photo because he'd just gotten home from the gym and was too hungry to wait for me to make it pretty and snap a picture.
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often