- 6oz linguine or fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 C broccoli or cauliflower florets
- 1/2 C sliced zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 1/2 C sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 C thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 C thinly sliced red or yellow onions
- 1/4 C sliced red or green peppers
- 1/4 C sliced celery
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 C dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 C spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 C frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
2. While the pasta is cooking, place a heavy, 10" nonstick skillet over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the oil and stir in the broccoli or cauliflower, zucchini or squash, mushrooms, carrots, red or yellow onions, red or green peppers and celery.
3. Cook the vegetables, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, then add the wine or broth. Stir in the spinach and peas, cover the skillet and cook for 1 minute, or just until the spinach is wilted.
4. Drain the pasta well. Serve topped with the vegetables and sprinkled with the Parmesan or Romano.
Robyn's Notes: used chicken broth, not white wine. My version of "thawing" the frozen peas was to scoop them into the quarter measuring cup before doing anything else, and letting them sit on top of the stove near the burner I was using. To make it vegetarian, use vegetable broth or the white wine, not chicken broth.