- 1 C sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 1/2 C cubed peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp snipped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dill weed
1. In a large saucepan, saute leeks and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, potatoes, carrot, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
2. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan. Whisk a small amount of soup into buttermilk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Add dill; heat through (do not boil).
Yield: 3 3/4 C
Robyn's notes: This was very easy and quick to make. He really liked it. I had potato soup for myself. Substituted vanilla soymilk for the buttermilk.