- 1/3 lb lean ground turkey
- 3 Tbsp chopped onion
- 3/4 C stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- dash salt and pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2/3 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp sliced ripe olives
1. In a small skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
2. Place one tortilla in a 3-cup round baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with half of the meat mixture and cheese; repeat layers. Sprinkle with olives. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Robyn's notes: this was not exciting. It was fine, but neither of us was wild about it. Needs more chili powder maybe. I used extra onions because he was in the mood for more of them.
** 2 Stars: Acceptable. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, if I make changes