- 1/4 lb ground turkey
- 2 whole pita breads
- 1 can (8oz) fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 C chunky salsa
- 1/3 C shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 3 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
- 1 green onion, sliced
1. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. Place pitas on a baking sheet. Spread with refried beans; top with turkey, salsa and cheese.
2. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions.
Robyn's notes: this was really easy. It was listed in a cookbook for easy cooking for diabetics. Neither of us is diabetic, but it's good to watch sugar levels and fats and all the rest, so I like to look at the exchanges sometimes.
Post a Comment