- 8 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 can (5oz) enchilada sauce
- 1/4 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 C fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 C shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and seasonings; set aside.
2. Place a rounded teaspoonful of refried beans in each pasta shell, then fill with turkey mixture. Place in a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Robyn's notes: I made this dish in two halves. For my half, I used bean dip instead of refried beans (I can't have whole beans). For his half, I used chunky salsa instead of enchilada sauce. It was ok, not exciting.
** 2 Stars: Acceptable. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, if I make changes